LaVaLab is committed to the safety of your privacy. This policy describes LaVaLab’s practices with regards to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information and how LaVaLab safeguards that such information is properly protected.
When your personal information is being collected, LaVaLab will identify the purpose(s) for which it is being collected. Depending on the identified purpose(s), LaVaLab collects personal information that may include:
◦ Contact information, which usually includes your name, street address, postal code, telephone number, fax number and email address.
◦ Financial information, which may include your, credit card number, credit card expiry date, and other information regarding account payment history and status.
◦ Business information, which usually includes business contact information such as name, telephone number, fax number, email address and street address.
◦ Computer information, which may include your Internet Protocol address, the type of operating system and browser you use, and your computer's location. We do not link this information to the identity of individuals visiting our Websites.
◦ Other information, which may include information you provided to participate in one of our contests or surveys, or when you subscribe to receive information from us. The collection of your personal information is limited to that which is necessary for the specific purpose(s) we identify upon the collection of such information.
The personal information we collect is principally obtained from you, however we also collect contact information from our affiliates and various third parties, such as telecommunications companies who provide you with telecommunications services, as well as credit bureau and reporting agencies, who provide us with business and credit related information.
The Purposes for the Collection of Personal Information:
LaVaLab will generally collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
◦ To assess and complete a request for our services;
◦ To administer participation in contests, to evaluate and analyze responses to surveys and to understand our customers’ responses, needs and preferences;
◦ To respond to inquiries for information about LaVaLab and the services we provide and to respond to and settle customer requests;
◦ To administer, service and collect on accounts;
◦ To better understand our users needs;
◦ To meet legal, regulatory, security and processing requirements, and otherwise as required by law.
The Manner of Collection
LaVaLab does not on its own gather personal information from individuals who visit LaVaLab’s website. Such information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily. You should, however, be aware that when you share personal information in public areas on our website, this information may be seen and used by other users of our website. We urge all users of our website to exercise good judgment when sharing personal information in these public areas.
The manners in which LaVaLab may collect your information online are:
◦ By using software that receives and records information about your computer, including the Internet Protocol address of the computer that has contacted our website. We do not not link these addresses with the identity of the individuals visiting our website.
Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
Before collecting your personal information, we will obtain your consent to collect, use and disclose your information for a particular purpose. Once we have your consent, your personal information will only be used for the purpose(s) for which you consented. If we wish to use your personal information for a different purpose, we will seek your consent.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, or to verify your credit, we assume we have your consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask you for personal information for a secondary reason, for example for marketing purposes, we will either ask you directly for your consent or provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the collection of your information. You also have the ongoing option to remove your contact information from our database in the future if you do not wish to receive future communications or services offered through our website. Additionally, you may also choose to withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com. Your consent may only be withdrawn subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.
In addition, where permitted or required by law, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your express consent, for example, to collect a debt you owe us, to comply with a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to comply with a court order.
The Companies take all the necessary safeguards to protect the personal information you supply us.
Employee Access to Customer Information
Employee access to your personal information is strictly limited to those who have a need to know. Employees only have access to information that is necessary to process transactions as part of their job requirements.
Storage of Personal Information
LaVaLab collects certain information in paper files, such as: name, street address, postal code, phone number, email address, credit card number and credit card expiry date. In order to protect these files, LaVaLab place them in a locked cabinet or a restricted area.
LaVaLab collects certain information in electronic files, such as: name, street address, postal code, phone number, email address and date of birth/age. LaVaLab have enacted technological safeguards to ensure the protection of your personal information in electronic format, such as: computer passwords, firewalls, encrypted data files, and encrypted personal information. Additionally, laptops, USB keys and electronic wireless devices that have the capacity to store a large quantity of customer information are password protected and only accessible strictly to a limited number of employees who have a need to know this information.
Third Party Websites
If links are provided from our website to websites of third parties, LaVaLab takes no responsibility for these third party websites and the manner in which these sites collect, use and disclose your personal information. LaVaLab does not endorse, in any manner whatsoever, or accept any responsibility for the information, content or other material that may be contained on third party websites. We therefore encourage you to review the privacy policies of these websites before disclosing your information to any third party website.
LaVaLab does not retain your personal information for any longer than is strictly necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
Access and Accuracy
We do our best to keep files containing personal information as complete, up-to-date and accurate as necessary for the identified purpose(s). Upon written request, LaVaLab will provide you with access to your personal information, subject to certain exceptions as provided by the applicable legislation. If you notice any errors or omissions in your personal information, please advise us in writing and we will promptly correct such errors where appropriate.
We reserve the right to change and update this Policy, including as may be required by law. We encourage you to review our policy over time to ensure that you are aware of any changes we may have made.
LaVaLab will answer any questions you may have about our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. If you would like more information about our policy, or if you would like to access your personal information file, or if you wish to register a complaint, please contact: 905-947-9054.